My Client is one of Australia’s most successful mining and civil contractors servicing clients in the resource, energy and government sectors. Their specialisation is the provision of earthmoving, civil infrastructure and training services.
Reporting to the Project Manager my Client needs an experienced HSEQT Advisor to join the team undertaking an extensive Mining Rehabilitation Project in the Pilbara.
You will be responsible for ensuring my Client meets its obligations and to act as a point of reference for site personnel in regards to all HSEQ & Training matters.
Your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Ensure all Occupational Safety and Health legislation regulations are adopted and complied with;
- Assist in preparing and maintaining all site based HSEQ documents to comply with the business’ HSEQ Management Plans;
- Communicate and maintain a culture of “Zero Harm”;
- Foster an effective feedback system to ensure that accurate and timely information, regarding HSEQ is passed to management and staff;
- Work with the site / Client supervisors to conduct frequent and regular site inspections for HSEQ hazards, to identify problems and arrange for remedial action to be taken;
- Assist and coach the site supervisors to conduct investigations into all reported HSEQ hazards/incidents;
- Assist with some Training of Mobile Plant Operators using a subject matter expert;
- Assist the site supervisors to conduct regular HSEQ Systems Audits;
- Maintain KPI, critical equipment and training registers;
To be successful in this role you must have the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum Certificate IV in OHS and Cert IV in Training & Assessing (TAE 40116);
- No less than 5 years proven experience within a Production Open Cut Mining environment;
- Demonstrated incident investigation experience and knowledge;
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Western Australian legislation;
- Knowledge, experience or training in risk management;
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- Preference will be given to applicants with machine operating experience.
Please apply using the link below or if you prefer send me your cover letter and CV (in word.doc format please) to Shirley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that at this stage only Western Australian residents are invited to apply
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.