Accountant – Tax
Scotford Fennessy have partnered with a leading full-service tax team, led by a Partnership group hailing from a Big4 background, to secure the team their next Senior Manager.
Valued for a level of technical service that extends well beyond compliance, the firm have broad experience across a multitude of industries. Their client profiles range from private and family businesses, to high net worth individuals and right through to listed organisations.
Roles within this team at this level are very rarely available. With some of the lowest attrition rates seen across the industry today (this is no exaggeration). It is commonplace for Graduates to progress their careers internally, seldom leaving the firm and resulting in a vacant position.
Having recently grown through securing a number of large clients and after 1 July promotions, the firm are now looking to bring on an experienced, CA qualified individual at Manager level or above (up to Associate Director) with a strong taxation grounding.
As the successful applicant for this role, it is envisaged that you will have upwards of seven years’ experience within public practice in Western Australia, spent at a leading Mid-Tier or a Big4 firm. In addition to this, you will;
- Demonstrate experience providing tax guidance to SME’s through to listed clients
- Show an understanding of a ‘business lifecycle’ (birth, growth, buy/sell, succession), as well as international investments and transactions
- Have achieved highly in studies, with strong results achieved right from tertiary entrance exams, through to undergraduate academics results and post-graduate studies
- Demonstrate competence and understanding in anything from small business compliance obligations, through to corporate tax and taxation consulting, including legislation
- Be a self-starter, driven to develop and improve, as well as able to take on critical feedback
- Be a team player who would relish the opportunity to work as part of a very inclusive culture that includes peer reviews and gives you the opportunity to work with and mentor those more junior
In reward for your effort, the firm is able to offer;
- Ongoing personal and professional development, including weekly internal training sessions
- One of the most inclusive team cultures in Perth
- Flexibility around working hours if required (think school pick-ups etc)
- A career pathway with progression opportunities right through to Partnership
Interviews and shortlisting for this role will commence immediately. Every applicant will be contacted and advised of the status of their application.
To confidentially discuss this or other opportunities within public practice in Western Australia in detail, contact Steve Archibald on 0421 152 590 or email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.