Health, Safety & Environment
Safety Advisor / Emergency Response
Reporting through to the HSEC Manager for a highly-successful, listed gold Miner, your primary focus will be on the OH&S Advisor side. In addition, there will be a component of emergency response, both in terms of supporting direct response and also handling ER Training.
OH&S focus. Duties will include;
- Ensure site teams comply with the MSIA Regulations and continually develop the Safety Management System (SMS) to remain relevant to all Stakeholders.
- Provide continuous support, guidance and direction to personnel and contractors for all safety and health requirements.
- Conduct regular safety and equipment inspections of work sites and inform supervisors of unsafe practices, conditions, and possible safety and health hazards.
- Prepare and submit reports to management regarding industrial health performance and highlighting problem areas.
Your role in this space will primarily be one of teaching and support while the ER Coordinator is off-site. Specifically;
- Field emergency callouts and coordinate / support the team when the ER Coordinator is off-site
- Plan, organise, direct, and administer hazardous materials response, rescue, and other emergency services
- Run weekly ER Training, delivering modules as set by the ER Coordinator
- Family friendly 8/6 FIFO roster from Perth
- Initially offered on a long-term contract with the scope for permanency
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience. Noting it is a broad list, those who can tick most but not all boxes are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of 3 yrs’ in OHS in a mining environment (surface mining preferred)
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety or a related discipline
- Lead Auditor Qualifications.
- CERT III Mines Rescue
- Sound understanding of risk management processes (preferably ICAM)
- Sound understanding of INX modules
- St John’s Senior First Aid certificate or equivalent
- Current “C” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence
Please apply using the link above. Alternatively, you can send me your CV and cover letter (in word.doc format please) to Colin at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.